Pediatric Vision Care Services
A child’s ability to learn depends upon good vision and healthy eyes. Much of learning is visually based, and that is why the American Optometric Association recommends that every baby receive a vision examination between 6-12 months of age (www.aoa.org). The pediatric and binocular vision service of The Eye Institute offers a wide range of vision care services, including:
- Complete optometric care for children, toddlers, and infants
- Management of problems associated with eye focusing, eye alignment, depth perception, accuracy of eye movements, and binocular (two-eyed) vision in patients of all ages
- Evaluation and treatment of visual information processing skills related to learning problems
- Vision therapy, a personalized program designed to train the eyes to work together
- Evaluation and non-surgical management of strabismus (turned eye)
- Evaluation of the visual system following head trauma
- Frequently Asked Questions: At what age should a child have their first eye examination?
- What are the signs and symptoms that might indicate that a child has a vision problem?
- Make an Appointment
- What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Dr. Boas of The Eye Institute and The InfantSEE program were featured on Channel 6 - ABC News.
To see the interview: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/health&id=6988286
- Give Kids Sight Day: And What a Day It Was!
Seemore’s Scene - The pediatric suite in the newly renovated clinical facility is “eye-popping.” - Read the Story
Additional Information in PDF format:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: What is it? What Can I do About it?
- What is an eye teaming problem?
- What is a focusing problem?
- Hidden Vision Problems Can Block Learning. Is your child at risk?
- What is Vision Therapy?
- When is home-based, computer assisted vision therapy necessary?
- What is amblyopia (Lazy Eye)?
- What is a tracking problem?
- Why has a visual perceptual evaluation been recommended?
- Visual Perceptual Testing
- What is a visual processing problem?
- Vision Therapy in sports.
- Healthy Eyes for Peak Performance PDF provided
by the American Optometric Association's and Safe Kids Worldwide's Sports Vision Section